There are few things worse than finding yourself in need of air conditioner repair while smack dab in the middle of the hottest day of the year. With so many people installing AC units and forgetting about them, this happens more than you would think. Don’t wait unit your home air conditioning is in need of appliance repair service to give it the maintenance it needs. Here are the top 5 things to look for to make sure your air conditioner doesn’t quit when you need it most:
- LEAKING REFRIGERANT: One of the most common issues with home air conditioner units is leaking or a lack of refrigerant. Without the proper amount of refrigerant, your AC unit will not operate properly. Make sure to check this level annually (at the very least) and make sure you take care of low levels immediately to ensure uninterrupted service from your home air conditioner.
- INADEQUATE MAINTENANCE: Even a smooth running air conditioner is in need of attention from a quality repair team, like West Coast Chief Repair. Annual AC maintenance will ensure that your AC coils are clean and dirty filters are changed which will lessen the load on your unit and prevent untimely (and costly) breakdowns.
- ELECTRIC FAILURE: The biggest spot for wear and tear damage is in the compressor and fan. When your AC turns on and off a lot (common with units that are too big for a given space), your unit’s compressor and fan are working overtime which can lead to problems. Damaged wires and corroded terminals can also cause your unit to not work properly. Make sure your AC repair specialists check this as part of regularly scheduled maintenance.
- THERMOSTAT ISSUES: Your air conditioner works by knowing the temperature in a room and turning on and off as needed. If your thermostat is not working properly then your unit will not know when to turn on or off.
- DRAINAGE ISSUES: Summer often brings with it increased humidity. Humid air condenses on the cooling areas of your unit. Air conditioners are equipped to handle this with drainage accommodations. If your unit isn’t level or the drain is blocked your unit can’t get rid of the unwanted water. This can clog up your unit and prevent it from operating. Check the position and drain on your unit to ensure it is working effectively.
With summer fast approaching, the last thing you want is to have your air conditioner out of commission when you need it most. Now is a great time to schedule maintenance for your unit from West Coast Chief Repair. The extra attention now can save you inconvenience and money down the road.